The office of the City Secretary is committed to providing excellent service in management, emphasizing areas of responsibility, and rendering exceptional customer service to citizens, the City Council, and staff.
- Posting of notices of City Council meetings as required by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Government Code
- Attends meetings of City Council
- Ensures the minutes of city council meetings are kept
- Prepares and preserves the actions and records of the City Council, including ordinances, resolutions, minutes, and contracts
- Serves as the city’s authority for Open Records Requests in accordance with the procedures set in the Public Information Act.
- Oversees city elections
- Designated as the Records Management Officer
- Publication of legal notices
- Processing of liquor licensing
Maintains the official city seal and attests official documents